We are currently seeking to recruit a suitable person to join Quigg Golden’s office in Maidstone, Kent. The candidate will have at least six years’ post qualification experience. Candidates with qualifications and/or experience in construction or procurement will be preferred. While a full time role is preferred, we are also prepared to consider more flexible working arrangements.
The appointee’s duties will include advising on:
• Contentious and non-contentious construction and/or procurement law matters;
• Construction dispute management including litigation, mediation, conciliation, arbitration, adjudication and other ADR processes;
• Contract drafting, negotiation and advice;
• Dispute avoidance and contract management;
• Claims analysis and negotiation;
• Procurement policy strategy; and
• EU procurement law issues.
Applicants should have:
• Experience in the management of teams in delivering multiple projects to strict deadlines;
• Experience in successfully winning new clients through personal and collective business development activity;
• An excellent track record in their primary discipline with support references;
• A strong academic background in a relevant discipline;
• detailed knowledge of the commercial, legal and policy aspects of the construction industry and/or public procurement;
• the ability to meet deadlines efficiently and to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at every stage;
• An established network of contacts; and
• Relevant professional qualifications.
The following attributes would be beneficial:
• a high level of IT awareness; and
• a full driving licence.
Successful candidates must demonstrate experience of work in these specialist fields and be prepared to occasionally work throughout the UK and Ireland including periods in Quigg Golden’s Belfast and Dublin offices on short notice. The role may also involve working in the Middle East, in particular the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
If you believe you have the skills and qualifications to meet this role, please apply by submitting your CV together with a covering letter through the “Apply Now” link or to recruitment@QuiggGolden.com. Please quote job reference SE/JULY2017/SENIOR LEGAL.
Solicitor/Barrister (6 Yrs PQE)
Job Reference Code